Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds.
For more information and statistics about Inova, click below.
What We Have to Offer YOU!
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Savings and Spending Accounts (HAS/FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Inova Compassion Fund: Team members budgeted at least 0.5 FTE are eligible for assistance from the Inova Compassion Fund. The Fund is sustained solely by philanthropic donations made by team members and established specifically to provide financial assistance during times of need.
- Retirement Savings Plan: Inova makes a matching contribution on the first 5% of pay you contribute
- Time Away Programs: You earn or “accrue” PTO on an hourly basis during the calendar year, beginning with your first hour of work. Holidays: New Year’s Day, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Voluntary Benefits: Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance & Pet Care Discount Program, Identity Theft Protection, Legal Services
- Other Benefits & Discounts: Commuter Benefits, Back-up Child and Elder Care, Adoption Assistance Plan, Credit Union, Team Member Purchasing Program
Join Inova Health! Our Inova Alexandria hospital is looking for a Full-time Regional Pharmacy Clinical Specialist! Don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of the organization and Hospital, recognized for excellence and innovation. Apply today to Job ID 617388!
Role Summary: As a Regional Pharmacy Clinical Specialist, you will provide staff education and participate/focus on the professional development of pertinent staff members. To help achieve our mission, you will serve as a preceptor of students and residents for learning experiences. Acting as the face of Inova Health System, in an educator role, to non-Inova team members is required. Developing, tracking, trending, and analyzing quality initiatives related to areas of expertise through data management and with stakeholders of the medical community is of vital importance. Your ability to drive innovation in pharmacy practice as measured by external publications is expected. Leading regional initiatives to maximize performance on externally reported quality metrics, in addition to developing/maintaining a regional dashboard of quality, safety, financial and patient experience metrics, is essential.
Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug information to the professional staff and contributes to newsletters for physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Provides training and education to Pharmacists regarding pharmaceutical care and Pharmacoeconomics.
Supervises/instructs Pharmacists and pharmacy students regarding competence assessments.
Prepares and presents drug reviews, MUE criteria, antibiotic sensitivity reports, adverse drug reaction reports and pharmacy intervention summaries to the P/T committee.
Participates in community educational programs and contributes to the advancement of the profession through presentations at local, state, and national meetings.
Reviews the performance and documentation of clinical activities of all Pharmacists including documentation of clinical activities.
Prepares reports on pharmaceutical care and Pharmacoeconomic activities as directed.
Coordinates the development of policies/procedures for clinical activities (e.g. therapeutic interchange).
Participates in quality improvement department activities.
Collects/analyzes data and maintains documentation of all clinical activities.
Establishes productive/collaborative relationships with staff members, physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Facilitates the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes and critical pathways as approved by appropriate committees.
Facilitates the identification, resolution, implementation and communication of cost-effective medication use issues in collaboration with the medical staff.
Supports the Pharmacy's Pharmacoeconomic efforts and targeted compliance programs.
Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners and patients.
Suggests appropriate and cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed.
Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, adverse drug reactions and appropriateness of drug/dose.
Conducts medication use evaluations regionally to assess if related medications are being utilized in a fashion consistent with the best available evidence.
Coordinates the development of an annual report that describes the services provided regionally and the value these services bring to the organization and patients.
Performs all the functions/duties of a Pharmacist.
- Completion of an ASHP approved post-graduate year one residency.
- Pharm D
- 4 Years Clinical experience in hospital pharmacy
- Board certified specialist
- VA Pharmacy License Active
- PGY2 trained clinical specialist in infectious disease
Location: Inova Alexandria Hospital, 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22304
Please click to Apply:
Regional Pharmacy Clinical Specialist
Contact: Anthony Chedid, Anthony.Chedid@inova.org
Our commitment to keeping patient’s safe means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
- All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
Inova is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.