The Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists (SIDP) seeks a highly skilled Grants Coordinator to lead the organization’s efforts to obtain grant funding by the identification and development of viable proposals for external funding of programs. SIDP is a non-profit association of pharmacists and other healthcare professionals founded in 1990 with the goal of improving the use of antimicrobials. See attached association profile and sidp.org for additional SIDP information.
The Grants Coordinator works intimately with members of the SIDP Board of Directors, Education, and Fundraising teams to identify and/or follow-up on grant proposal opportunities that align with the Society’s mission.
No relocation is necessary. It is anticipated that the Grants Coordinator works fully remote with occasional travel to support society activities. This is a part-time contract position for approximately 20 hours per week.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Provide training and/or support to contractors/Committee Leadership on how to structure a needs assessment, a grant proposal, what content to include/exclude, and how to collect intelligence that the sponsoring organization is likely interested in seeing in accredited continuing medical/pharmacy/nursing education grants
- Develop, in collaboration with SIDP Education Coordinator and Board Liaison/Committee leadership, a more robust grant proposal template/standardized language
- Develop, in collaboration with SIDP Education Coordinator and Board Liaison/Committee leadership, a tracking tool to document grant submissions and track outcomes (Success of proposals as well as any feedback)
- Develop specific budget templates that are typical for larger, national continuing medical/pharmacy/nursing education programs
- Develop, in collaboration with SIDP Education Coordinator and Board Liaison/Committee leadership, a more robust approach to determining educational outcomes and tying these in to learning objectives during grant development/grant writing
- Develop a guidance document/template to facilitate more robust outcomes collection and data submission to funders for post-award reporting
- Develop and maintain, in collaboration with SIDP Education Coordinator and Board Liaison/Committee leadership, a library of reference documentation, including such information as funding agency requirements and forms, organizational profiles, abstracts and reference literature, and other pertinent material
- Develop relationships with potential funders and collaborating organizations, making periodic contact to assess upcoming grant opportunities, future grant opportunities or other leads for funding in the field
- Maintain a list of potential industry and society partners
- Work with Education Coordinator to conduct needs assessments to identify topics/foci of interest and justify educational programming in these areas
- Develop and maintain, in collaboration with SIDP Education Coordinator and Board Liaison/Committee leadership, annual strategy document to layout of number of programs and proposals to be submitted based on needs assessment
- Collaborate with education coordinator to identify educational objectives for proposals/funded programs
- Write and submit grant proposals in accordance with funder specifications and according to application requirements
- Maintain knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures; disseminates and/or presents changes to Board/contractors and/or Committee Leadership and advises on the implementation of changes, and on the impact of changes on funded operations
- Maintain a tracking tool to document grant submissions and track outcomes (Success of proposals as well as any feedback)
- Ensure all forms, documents and reports required by grants are completed and submitted on time
- Participate in periodic meetings with Education and Fundraising teams to routinely discuss upcoming proposals, status of currently funded grants, and market conditions to inform future proposals
- Follow-up with funders for feedback when grant submissions are not selected for funding
- Collaborate with Education Coordinator to write reports for grant outcomes and submit to funders
- Provide a monthly status report to the Board, including grant submissions/outcomes tracker
- Collaborate with Education Coordinator/SIDP designees to submit any deviations to the funder and return any unused funds, when necessary
- Prepare/submit grant outcomes reports to funders
- Other potential duties, in collaboration with designated SIDP personnel:
- Maintain login information for various grant portals
- Submit grants through funder portals
- Track milestones for all grant projects, and a timeline for achieving those milestones
- Track incoming grant payments and ensure they are received/posted (in collaboration with the Treasurer/Affinity Account Senior Executive)
- Track grant expenditures and dates of disbursements (in collaboration with the Treasurer/Affinity Account Executive)
- Monitor and coordinate the administration of post-award grants to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies, procedures, and agency requirements are being followed
- Commitment to the mission and values of SIDP (www.sidp.org).
- Exemplary organizational, interpersonal, communication, writing, and time management skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, with at least three years of experience developing successful grant applications with a track record of funding and accurate budgets
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with
- Relevant healthcare education and/or pharmaceutical industry experience and/or work with non-profit organizations or experience building and maintaining relationships between professional organizations, health-systems, and industry partners
- Proven work experience as a Grants Coordinator or similar role
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel/Word software
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Problem solving skills and ability to be flexible
- Project coordination skills and ability to prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent medical grant writing skills
- High degree of initiative to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment
How to apply
Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, expected hourly compensation range, and contact information for 3 references to Shelley Warnock at Affinity Strategies (email@example.com) by February 21, 2024. he cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline the skills and experience related to the position. An online interview will be required.