The Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists (SIDP) seeks a highly skilled Executive Director to help us fulfill our mission to advance infectious diseases pharmacy, lead antimicrobial stewardship, and optimize the care of patients. SIDP is a non-profit association of pharmacists and other healthcare professionals founded in 1990 with the goal of improving the use of antimicrobials. See attached association profile and sidp.org for additional SIDP information.
The Executive Director will report to the board of directors and oversee operational efficiency and execute strategy to support the society’s mission. They will foster innovation, strengthen community, advocate for members, and empower others to advance the practice and science of infectious diseases pharmacotherapy. No relocation is necessary. It is anticipated that the executive director will work from home, with occasional travel to support society activities. This will be a part-time contract position and the hours will vary depending on the time of year, but would expect to average approximately 10 hours per week.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Work closely with the board of directors to inform, advise, and address issues that affect SIDP
- Oversee the management of the SIDP Research and Scholarship Fund
- Negotiate and facilitate contracts/agreements as authorized by the board of directors
- Serve as the key contact person for regulatory and legislative affairs
- Develop and support external partnerships and strategic initiatives
- Advise and support the president and Board of Directors in developing relationships internally and externally
- Assist executive management company staff and the treasurer to oversee financial activities
- Set and meet fundraising goals in conjunction with the Treasurer and the Board of Directors
- Work with members and staff, to contribute to external communication materials (e.g. marketing, social media, website)
- With the president and BOD, annually assign volunteer committee appointments and onboard/orient team members to committee roles
- In consultation with management company leadership, coordinate activities of management company staff related to the society
- Exemplary management skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree minimum required; advanced degree preferred
- Strong preference given to candidates with relevant pharmacy experience, familiarity with the field of ID pharmacy preferred
- Commitment to the mission and values of SIDP
- Knowledge of leadership and governance principles related to nonprofits
- Experience building and maintaining relationships between professional organizations, health systems, and industry partners
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, and communication
How to apply
Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for 3 references to Shelley Warnock at Affinity Strategies (email@example.com) by Monday, October 26th, 2020. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline the skills and experience related to the position. An online interview will be required.