Merck Regional Medical Scientific Director - Viral Vaccines
3 positions: 1) South California, 2) Midwest (MN, WI, NE), and 3) Great Lakes
To apply or for more information contact Janet.Raddatz@Merck.com or select the below link.
Job Description: The Regional Medical Scientific Director (RMSD) is a credentialed (i.e., MD, PhD, or PharmD) therapeutic and disease area expert who engages in both scientific exchange and research support with external scientific leaders (SLs) and investigators in the medical and scientific community.
· Engage in proactive non-product discussions regarding scientific issues that are intended to inform/guide our Company's strategy or research programs
· Respond to scientific questions from SLs, including questions about our Company's products and data
· Identify potential investigators for consideration of participation in phase II-IV clinical development programs and provide scientific support for sponsored trials
· Support data generation activities including our Company's sponsored trials and Independent Investigator Study Programs
· Communicate external stakeholder opinions and feedback on new data, clinical trends and the evolving vaccine landscape to inform internal Research & Development Division strategies
Education and Experience Requirements:
· An advanced degree (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D.) that is relevant to the requirements of the position and;
· A minimum of 3 years prior experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical or healthcare environment and;
· A minimum of 3 years of clinical and/or research experience and demonstrated scientific excellence (beyond that obtained in the terminal degree program) in vaccines or related therapeutic areas, e.g. infectious diseases, immunology, preventative medicine.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and presentation skills
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time overnights and reside in the designated region
· Deep therapeutic competency; abreast of trends and new information in vaccines
· Ability to consolidate and understand complex data sets, plan and/or execute data analyses, summarize or synthesize data and objectively interpret results
· Knowledge of national and society treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, FDA regulations, and OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines, laws, and regulations relevant to the pharmaceutical industry and its external stakeholder environment
· Headquarters located in Upper Gwynedd, PA; however, the position will work remotely; candidate should reside within the designated Region.