Location: St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital (Trinity Health System) in Pontiac, MI
· Serves as the primary Pharmacy Department liaison for issues related to Infectious Diseases including committee involvement; collaborates with other Pharmacy Department staff on these issues when necessary.
· Partners with the Chair(s) of the Antimicrobial Stewardship program to develop annual priorities and metrics with accountability to those metrics shared by the dyad.
· Coordinates the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP).
· Collaborates regularly with Antimicrobial Stewardship Program leads for other Trinity Health sites within the region, state, and system"
· Provides pharmaceutical care to patients with Infectious Diseases and in other assigned areas; assumes responsibility for facilitating the entire medication use process (prescribing, dispensing, administering, and monitoring) for patients with Infectious Diseases; participates in multidisciplinary rounds.
· Provides mentorship to other pharmacists in the areas of Clinical Pharmacy and Infectious Diseases.
· Monitors anti-infective use in target patient populations.
· Prepares and presents formulary reviews for anti-infective agents.
· Identifies, implements, and monitors quality and financial indicators in the management of Infectious Diseases.
· Maintains files of contemporary literature on medication use related to Infectious Diseases and serves as a clinical resource to the pharmacy professional staff.
· Serves as clinical pharmacy liaison with Infectious Diseases physicians; periodically provides clinical pharmacy support on Infectious Diseases rounds.
· Collaborates with the medical and nursing staffs to identify patients who require intensive pharmacy intervention (e.g., medication histories, drug therapy recommendations, patient education); facilitates the communication of pharmaceutical care plans to other pharmacists.
· Collaborates in the development, implementation, and ongoing assessment of treatment guidelines related to the management of Infectious Diseases.
· Develops and implements medication use evaluation programs for anti-infective agents; presents results and recommendations to appropriate committees.
· Participates in scholarly and professional activities related to areas of Infectious Diseases, including involvement in local, state, and national pharmacy associations or committees; participates in related clinical and pharmacoeconomic research projects; presents at local, state, and national meetings; authors articles in appropriate journals.
· Maintains faculty appointment with colleges of pharmacy having teaching affiliations with the SJMO Department of Pharmacy; participates as a clerkship preceptor of pharmacy students from those academic programs and of SJMO pharmacy residents.
· Participates in the identification, development and implementation of continuous quality improvement programs related to Infectious Diseases.
· Collaborates with those involved in investigational drugs/research protocols related to anti-infectives.
· Participates in the coordination and development of research programs, especially those related to Infectious Diseases.
· Serves as the primary drug information resource for Infectious Diseases questions and areas of practice.
· Investigates adverse drug events/medication incidents reported in areas of practice and provides follow-up.
· Publishes guidelines and maintains references on the Antimicrobial Stewardship Intranet site.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSURE
Education:Requires Clinical Doctorate degree in Pharmacy (i.e., Pharm.D)
Experience: Minimum of two years related experience. Clinically oriented hospital pharmacy residency preferred.
Licensure: Current State of Michigan Pharmacist license or eligibility for licensure.
Certification: Board certification in Infectious Diseases Pharmacy required within 12 months of position acceptance.
Contact with any questions:
Tana Hannawa, PharmD
Manager, Clinical Pharmacy