Job Title:Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacy Specialist
Location:University of Michigan Healthcare System. Ann Arbor, MI
- Coordinate antimicrobial stewardship activities across clinics within the University of Michigan Healthcare system
- Ensure compliance with joint commission ambulatory antimicrobial stewardship standards
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies to minimize hospital admissions and emergency department burden for patients with targeted infections
- Maintain patient care responsibilities in the ID-HIV clinic
Conduct or participate in drug use projects, cost reduction/management initiatives, and quality improvement activities consistent with the Health System’s needs and objectives. Individual or collaborative scholarly/research activity is encouraged.
- A Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Experience in clinical pharmacy practice and antimicrobial stewardship
- Licensure as a pharmacist by the State of Michigan
- Possession of a state controlled substance license
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate clinical care ideas across multiple patient care services and communicate effectively as a patient care advocate
- Demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adhere to ethical principles and sensitivity to diversity with a commitment to service excellence and patient family centered care.
For more information and to apply for the position click here.