Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist ASP
Saint Mary's Hospital, Waterbury, CT 06706
Derek Carroll, SR. Talent Acquisition partner, Derek.Carroll@TrinityHealthOfNE.org, 413-748-9901
The antimicrobial stewardship pharmacist monitors medication therapy to optimize patient outcomes and oversees and directs the use of antimicrobial medications to ensure their appropriate utilization.
What you will do
- Design and implement pharmacy-based and hospital-wide performance improvement initiatives to ensure appropriate utilization of antimicrobials (e.g., order set and clinical pathway development, antibiotic time-out processes, automatic IV to PO and antibiotic dose adjustments by pharmacy, antibiotic review at transitions of care)
- Provide ASP performance updates to the Director of Pharmacy, Chief of Infectious Diseases and Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, physicians, nurses, and other health care providers
- Participate in multi-disciplinary antimicrobial stewardship rounds and antibiotic utilization reviews with Infectious Disease physicians
- Provide expertise on appropriate antimicrobial therapy, antibiotic de-escalation, and dose optimization
- Develop performance indicators and dashboards for tracking antimicrobial utilization and other Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP) initiatives
- Current Connecticut Pharmacist License
- Advanced degree (PharmD or MS) or equivalent clinical practice experience; PharmD degree and/or ASHP accredited residency (PGY I) preferred.
- Board Certification preferred
- Antimicrobial Stewardship experience preferred
Position Highlights and Benefits
- Great Benefits and Health Insurance Coverage—starting Day One!
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Award-winning Hospitals and Departments
Saint Mary’s Hospital is a Catholic, not-for-profit, community teaching hospital that has been serving patients in Waterbury, CT and our surrounding communities since 1909. From the moment you step inside, you'll notice what makes us different: the warmth and attentiveness of our physicians and nurses, the cleanliness of our facilities, and the way we make patients and their families feel that they are truly being cared for - like a member of our family
More Information/ Apply Here