The Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists (SIDP) seeks a highly skilled Communications Director to oversee and manage the image and public perception of our Society through both internal and external communications. SIDP is a non-profit association of pharmacists and other healthcare professionals founded in 1990 with the goal of improving the use of antimicrobials. See attached association profile and sidp.org for additional SIDP information.
The Communications Director works intimately with the SIDP Board liaison over the Society’s Communications & Outreach pillar to produce efficient and effective communication via various media for 20 organizational committees and the Board of Directors. No relocation is necessary. It is anticipated that the communications director works fully remote with occasional travel to support society activities. This is a part-time contract position for approximately 20 hours per week.
Responsibilities of the Position
Establish and drive a cohesive, multi-channel communications strategy on behalf of the Society, including but not limited to, optimizing existing processes/methods of communication to maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
Project a positive Society image to the public and other healthcare professional organizations.
Track engagement across various communication strategies and platforms, as directed by the Board of Directors, and make data-driven decisions.
Manage media relations and develop contacts with media members, influencers, and community leaders by working directly with the SIDP Board of Directors and SIDP committees.
Prepare and manage communications material, in collaboration with respective SIDP committees.
Create a communications budget to elevate the brand and image of the Society.
- Work with the Social Media committee to develop visual, audio, and video content that promotes the mission and vision of SIDP.
- Work with the Website committee to maintain and optimize the SIDP website.
- Work with the Breakpoints (SIDP Podcast) committee to elevate the reach of this podcast.
- Work with the Public Outreach committee to develop both patient-oriented and healthcare provider-oriented content that promotes activities of SIDP fostering greater understanding of the competencies and value unique to the infectious diseases pharmacist.
- Works with the Stewardship, BCIDP, and Education committees to expand reach and success of SIDP’s educational offerings.
- Develop/maintain powerpoint presentation describing SIDP, current statistics, accomplishments, etc. for use by all members when presenting information to outside individuals/organizations
- Commitment to the mission and values of SIDP (www.sidp.org).
- Exemplary organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, publications, marketing, or a related discipline.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with
- Relevant healthcare experience and/or work with non-profit organizations or experience building and maintaining relationships between professional organizations, health-systems, and industry partners
- Proven work experience as a Communications Director or similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with different communications technologies, including working knowledge of content management systems, HTML coding, and digital graphics production, as well as experience with website, newsletter production, message development, and managing digital content
- Experience with search engine marketing, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
- Emerging experience to leverage AI in the healthcare landscape for effective communication
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing.
How to apply
Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for 3 references to Shelley Warnock at Affinity Strategies (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 21, 2024. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline the skills and experience related to the position. An online interview will be required.