Location:New Haven, Connecticut
Position Type:Full Time Benefits Eligible
Yale-New Haven Hospital is part of a five hospital health system spanning Connecticut and into Rhode Island. The Clinical Pharmacist, Multi-Specialty position with a focus in Infectious Diseases for Yale New Haven Hospital is part of the Pharmacist Career Ladder.
This position will cover clinical and operational responsibilities on a rotating basis for all three shifts. The position will be focused on providing patient care for patients on antimicrobial therapy at Yale New Haven Hospital including ambulatory clinics as well as supporting patients in other departments at Yale New Haven Hospital. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing direct patient care using collaborative drug therapy management agreements and hospital protocols
- Ensuring accuracy and completion of medication orders
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Ensuring appropriate cost-effective medication use
- Identifying processes to prevent adverse events and patient outcomes
- Providing drug information to healthcare professionals
- Stewardship rounds and/or patient care rounds as per assignment
- Precepting pharmacy students and residents
- Supporting operational processes of central pharmacy
The working schedule of this position will require a rotating day/evening shift schedule including up to every 4th weekend, on-call, holidays and night staffing as department standards dictate.
The applicant must be a graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy and CT pharmacist licensure eligible. Completion of an ASHP accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency or equivalent years of experience is required. Completion of a PGY2 infectious diseases pharmacy residency or equivalent years of experience is preferred. Successful candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
More Information/Apply Here