Job ID: 924674330
UPMC Altoona is seeking a highly motivated ID Clinical Pharmacist to build and lead its Antimicrobial Stewardship Program.
UPMC Altoona is a 374-bed acute care teaching hospital in Altoona, Pennsylvania. It is a major hospital within the UPMC Health System.
The ID Pharmacist will be responsible for daily stewardship activities and local oversight of the stewardship program. The pharmacist will collaborate with and receive support from UPMC Health System’s Antimicrobial Stewardship leadership to leverage system resources and facilitate stewardship best practices locally. Other activities include:
· Utilize ILUM Insight CDSS as part of daily workflow
· Work collaboratively with local hospital and pharmacy leadership, Infection Prevention, Patient Safety, Clinical Microbiology, and other relevant local leaders to improve antimicrobial stewardship practice and patient outcomes
· Participate in both local and health system antimicrobial subcommittees
· Participate in UPMC’s systemwide Antimicrobial Stewardship pharmacist clinical leads council
· Provide education to physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other members of the local health care teams
· Participate in the educational experience of pharmacy students during their Advanced Practice Pharmacy Experience rotations
No pharmacy staffing or scheduled weekend/overnight coverage is required. Regional remote work is an option with ability to travel on-site regularly (preferred to reside within 1-2 hours travel of Altoona, PA)
· B.S. degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D.) from an accredited School of Pharmacy required
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrate leadership in their current position
· PGY2 training in Infectious Diseases or equivalent experience preferred