Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Antimicrobial Support Network
Atrium Health is a nationally recognize leader in shaping health outcomes through innovative research, education, and compassionate patient care. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Atrium Health is a large, integrated, nonprofit health system with more than 1,400 care locations in North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama. Atrium Health is head quartered in Charlotte, NC.
Mission: To improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all
Vision: To be the national leader for health, learning and community.
Our Culture Commitments:
- We create a space where all Belong
- We Work as One to make great things happen
- We earn Trust in all we do
- We Innovate to better the now and create the future
- We drive for Excellence - always
The candidate will be responsible for leadership and management of the Antimicrobial Support Network (ASN) Pharmacy Service line in conjunction with the ASN Medical Director in the Charlotte region. The mission of the Atrium Health ASN is to provide the best possible clinical outcomes for the treatment and prevention of infection, while minimizing adverse events and antimicrobial resistance. The ASN serves in an advisory capacity to the medical and pharmacy staff of Atrium Health to assist in the optimal selection, dosage, and duration of antimicrobial therapy. The Antimicrobial Support Network service line has 16 full-time equivalent positions and responsible for providing antimicrobial stewardship services to 16 acute care facilities and outpatient stewardship within the Charlotte region.
- Coordinates pharmacy services for Antimicrobial Support Network and serves as a resource for the Atrium Health Division of Pharmacy.
- Makes decisions regarding employment, promotion, discipline, and terminating of pharmacy teammates in collaboration with Pharmacy Leadership.
- Evaluates pharmacy teammate job performances on an annual basis.
- Oversees ASN pharmacy teams staffing and scheduling to ensure safe patient care.
- Ensures antimicrobial support network pharmacy services are consistent with best practices and regulatory requirements; participates in accreditation surveys related to antimicrobial stewardship.
- Maintains interdisciplinary relationships in relevant areas to support safe and effective medication use.
- Serves as an active member of the Division of Pharmacy leadership team to ensure effective cross-collaboration between inpatient and outpatient pharmacy services and other clinical areas as assigned.
- Coordinates and integrates interdepartmental and intradepartmental services and participates in various committees.
- Ensures that policies and procedures promoting safe and effective use of medications are followed.
- Assists in the planning of new and/or revised pharmacy services based on new innovations, technology and/or regulatory changes.
- Assesses and improves the performance of the pharmacy services provided. Provides an ongoing assessment of care and services provided through organizational processes.
- Coordinates the implementation plan and supports decisions made by the Infectious Disease Coordinating Committee and Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Initiates the proper training of pharmacy teammates in area of responsibilities
- Supports pharmacy resident and experiential education programs, including precepting and program management when applicable.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
Required qualifications for this position include bachelor’s Degree in pharmacy or a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (PharmD) from an accredited school of pharmacy; completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency or equivalent experience; 5 years of previous infectious disease pharmacy or antimicrobial stewardship; licensure in the state of North Carolina or eligible for reciprocity. Boardcertification in pharmacotherapy (BCPS) or infectious disease (BCIDP) preferred.
Timothy R. Pasquale, PharmD, MBA, DPLA, FIDSA
Director, Acute Care Clinical Pharmacy Services
Atrium Health Pharmacy Enterprise
Position category: Pharmacist
Position Title: Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Antimicrobial Support Network