Infectious Diseases Clinical Pharmacist
Company: Baptist Health South Florida, Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Area: Palm Beach
Country: United States
- Must be a graduate from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy
- Strongly preferred:
- PGY-2 ASHP accredited infectious diseases residency or
- Fellowship in infectious diseases and/or antimicrobial stewardship
- Highly desirable (but not required):
- 5 or more years of practice experience in infectious diseases/ antimicrobial stewardship practice post-terminal training
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties certification in Infectious Diseases (BCID or BCPS-AQ ID)
- American Academy of HIV Medicine certification (AAHIVP)
- Preceptor experience for pharmacy students and residents
Details/ job description: Seeking candidates for our Antimicrobial Stewardship Clinical Program to serve as the pharmacist champion of the Boca Raton Regional Hospital Antimicrobial Stewardship program (ASP). In this role the pharmacist will provide drug expertise, coordinate ASP efforts, educate staff, train pharmacy residents, maintain regulatory preparedness, collaborate with other departments to optimize antimicrobial drug use, and have various other duties.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital is an advanced tertiary medical center with 400 beds and is a recognized leader in Cardiovascular Care, Oncology, Women's Health, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine and the Neurosciences, all of which offer state-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging capabilities. The Hospital is part of Baptist Health South Florida (BHSF), which is the region's largest not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 23,000 employees working across 12 hospital campuses and more than 100 outpatient facilities throughout Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. BHSF was named one of the 2022 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For and has also been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. The Antimicrobial Stewardship Clinical Program at BHSF is supported at a corporate level and has brought in 7 PGY2-trained pharmacists since 2019, now including 10 BCIDP pharmacists, and a PGY2 ID residency program.
Sign On Bonus: Up to $5,000
Candidates: Inquire about the position via the email provided below or directly apply here.
Contact name: Timothy Gauthier, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCIDP
Contact Title: Antimicrobial Stewardship Clinical Program Manager, Baptist Health South Florida