Location: Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC)
Department: ORMC Pharmacy Services
Orlando Regional Medical Center, an 808-bed tertiary care teaching facility, seeks a highly qualified clinical pharmacist to participate in direct patient care activities in Infectious Disease and Antimicrobial Stewardship.
Facility and Department Overview
Orlando Regional Medical Center is the flagship hospital of Orlando Health, one of Florida’s most comprehensive not-for-profit Health Systems.
- Central Florida’s only Level I Trauma Center with over 4,000 trauma patients per year
- 252 Medical Residents and Fellows (including 4 Infectious Diseases medical fellows), 4 PGY-1Pharmacy Residents, 2 PGY-2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residents, 1 PGY-2 Emergency Medicine Pharmacy Resident, 1 PGY-2 Oncology Pharmacy Resident
- 115 Team Member Pharmacy Department providing service 24 X 7
- A team of 10 PGY-2 or equivalent trained Clinical Pharmacy Specialists focusing on Infectious Diseases, Medical Critical Care, Surgical Critical Care, Neurocritical Care, Surgery/Trauma, Nutrition Support, Emergency Medicine, Hematology/Oncology, and Internal Medicine.
- Majority of Clinical Staff Pharmacists are PGY-1 Residency Trained
- Decentralized and Satellite services specializing in Critical Care, Burn/Trauma, Intermediate Critical Care, Cardiology, Orthopedics, Surgery, Medicine, Oncology and the Operating Room.
- CPOE / EPIC, Alaris Smart IV Pumps, SwissLog BoxPicker, Omnicell
- Drug Information Center, Pharmacy Intranet Resources, Antimicrobial Stewardship Team
- Extensive New Hire Orientation and Ongoing Staff Education Programs
- Excellent Benefits plus Competitive Salary
This Infectious Disease position offers an excellent opportunity to directly impact patient care and medication safety.
Partner with two existing infectious diseases-trained pharmacists to direct an existing antimicrobial stewardship program.
Actively participate on patient care rounds with the medical teaching ID consult service; provide therapeutic consultation as requested.
- Provide support for the training of an infectious diseases physician fellowship program.
- Offer continuous quality improvement through creation and revision of order sets, protocols, guidelines and policies.
- Collaboration on various multidisciplinary and corporate committees, including but not limited to, the Antimicrobial Utilization Stewardship Subcommittee and Infection Prevention and Control Committee.
- Serve as a mentor and drug information specialist for a growing decentralized clinical pharmacy staff.
- Participate in multi-discipline clinical translational research projects.
- Opportunities to precept PGY-1 pharmacy residents, PGY-2 Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, and Oncology pharmacy residents, as well as pharmacy students and medical students.
- Create institutional antibiograms, track antibiotic use density, and assist the laboratory on the clinical impact of new infectious diseases diagnostic techniques.
- Participate in daily antimicrobial stewardship activities including prior approval of restricted antimicrobials, retrospective review and feedback for select high risk antimicrobials and monitoring patients for antimicrobial streamlining.
- Participate in pandemic response planning and coordination through developed task force.
- Pharmacy degree (Bachelor of Science, Pharm.D. or clinically oriented Master of Science) and successful completion of post graduate residency/fellowship training (or commensurate experience).
- Must be licensed as a pharmacist by the Florida Board of Pharmacy or obtain license within 4 months of hire.
- One (1) year of hospital clinical practice experience or completion of an ASHP-accredited residency