Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift
The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Infectious Diseases provides advanced clinical pharmacy services in Infectious Diseases to ensure optimal safe and cost effective therapeutic regimens in collaboration with multidisciplinary healthcare teams.
Schedule: 40 hours weekly, day shift
- Provide clinical pharmacy services to ensure optimal, cost-effective therapeutic antimicrobial regimens
- Collaborate with Infectious Diseases physicians, Infection Prevention and Microbiology to implement best practices
- Oversee implementation, documentation & monitoring/data collection for patients receiving antimicrobials
- Provide quality assurance with regards to adherence to antibiotic stewardship program guidelines
- Develop educational programs and material on antimicrobials and stewardship for various audiences.
- Provides preceptorship and mentorship to students, residents, and other colleagues
- Collaborate on policy, procedures, guidelines and protocol development
- Coordinate with the Quality Team to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards as it relates to antimicrobial stewardship
- Assist with cost containment initiatives through formulary review and drug use evaluations
- Provides input and supports pharmacy department initiatives in the daily collaboration with the clinical teams
- Effectively communicates recommendations and education to pharmacy and the healthcare team
- Represent infectious diseases interests on local, regional and system level committees
- Performs other duties as assigned
- PA Licensed Registered Pharmacist
- Doctorate in Pharmacy
- PGY2 required in Infectious Disease or equivalent clinically relevant experience
- Board Certification (in Infectious Disease) or eligible if applicable, preferred
- Communication – Ability to communicate with patients, visitors, peers and other healthcare professionals
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
About Trinity Health:
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving diverse communities that include more than 30 million people across 22 states. Trinity Health includes 94 hospitals, as well as 109 continuing care locations that include PACE programs, senior living facilities, and home care and hospice services. Its continuing care programs provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Based in Livonia, Mich., and with annual operating revenues of $17.6 billion and assets of $24.7 billion, the organization returns $1.1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs. Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, Trinity Health is known for its focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, the organization is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs. For more information, visit www.trinity-health.org. You can also follow @TrinityHealthMI on Twitter.