Position Title: Infectious Disease Specialist - Pharmacy
Location: Territory: East Coast geography – can live in any major metropolitan city east of Dallas within 30 mins of airport, Atlanta, NYC, Chicago, etc
The Infectious Disease Specialist works with GenMark’s sales organization to increase the adoption rate and optimize usage of the company’s products in hospital laboratories. With a strong understanding of clinical microbiology, infectious diseases and antimicrobial stewardship, the Infectious Disease Specialist will collaborate to deliver presentations to different customer audiences including: laboratorians, physicians, infection preventionists, pharmacists, clinical nursing staff and other healthcare professionals. The role also entails supporting customers through their implementation process by acting as a consultant on topics related to laboratory adoption, regulatory requirements, result interpretation and clinical management.
· Regular travel with the company’s sales organization to help qualify opportunities and achieve commercial sales goals.
· Develop a deep understanding of company products and present technical information to different audiences that have various degrees of scientific and clinical experience.
· Project Management mentality – passion for aligning different workstreams, stakeholders and priorities to a singular goal and timeline.
· Work with internal teams to transfer different types of information and content to help create and update training materials.
· Assist Scientific Affairs with projects such as publication and study initiatives, data analysis and KOL management.
· Stay current on trends within the industry while maintaining relevant credentials.
· Develop strong internal relationships with Marketing and R&D and provide consistent customer feedback/VOC to help drive new product development and improvements.
· Attend and participate in required sales and industry meetings.
· Complete training and administrative responsibilities in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor Degree with advanced degree (Doctorate in Pharmacy) is required. Minimum 5-years experience practicing in ID clinical pharmacy is a plus.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· BCPS-AQ ID or BCIDP preferred
Skills – Technical/General
· Deep knowledge base of clinical microbiology workflows, antimicrobial stewardship and experience implementing new / rapid diagnostics.
· Knowledge of GenMark’s Infectious Disease diagnostic products is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization.
· Comfortable presenting technical and scientific information to audiences with varying degrees of expertise.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Outlook required. Salesforce knowledge a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks is required.
· Customer service focus and a professional attitude.
· Ability to travel up to 50%
· A valid driver's license.
· Must reside in the geography or be willing to relocate to it.