Title: Senior Director of Pharmacy Services
Location:The position could be based in Columbus, Dayton, or Cincinnati, Ohio.
Equitas Health Pharmacy is a company of Equitas Health providing access, education, consultation and management of general retail and specialty pharmacy services for patients of Equitas Health and other Ohio providers, as well as the local community.
The Senior Director of Pharmacy Services is business developer and organization leader. The Senior Director of Pharmacy Services for Equitas Health is responsible for pharmacy business activities; financial management; enhanced patient recruitment opportunities; expanded access to care; quality outcomes; relationships with external stakeholders and vendors; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; continuous improvement and innovation activities; and collaborative efforts on revenue generation strategies with the Chief Healthcare Operations Officer or Chief Financial Officer.
The Senior Director of Pharmacy Services reports directly to the Chief Healthcare Operations Officer. The Senior Director of Pharmacy Services is integral leader of Equitas Health working to assure effective financial management, strategic planning, public relations, administration and advocacy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving or having reliable transportation; written communication; grant writing and management; review of policies and procedures, organizational strategic planning; relationship building with business partners, community partners and funders; supervising and training staff; utilizing a computer for typing, processing and conducting research; attending meetings; and presenting to small and large groups.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide oversight for Equitas Health Pharmacy operations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local government laws and regulations
- Provide leadership and direction of Equitas Health Pharmacy to achieve quality patient services, while optimizing patient health outcomes
- Ensure pharmacy compliance with 340B regulations
- In collaboration with Equitas Health’s finance team manage Equitas Health Pharmacy financial operations including billing, revenue generation, reimbursement systems, budget margins and contract/payer source enrollment
- Analyze, plan and direct the start-up and continued development of Equitas Health Pharmacy locations. This will include licensure maintenance, pharmacy renovation, equipment purchase, technology and other items to assure high quality operation of each Equitas Health Pharmacy
- Serve as the Chair of the Equitas Health Pharmacy’s Quality Management Committee and participate in quality efforts to increase health outcomes for patients
- Ensure the supervision of and guidance for the clinical operations and clinical decision making for the pharmacy
- Ensure the provision of evidence and/or reasoning behind clinical decisions that are made impacting patients or patient care.
- Ensures Equitas Health Pharmacy hires and maintains competent, qualified clinicians that are responsible for providing optimal patient care
- Manage collaboration with other HIV providers and HIV patients accessing medical care outside of the Equitas Health Medical Center to improve health outcomes
- Review and analyze the appropriate utilization of Equitas Health Pharmacies’ inventory systems
- Oversee and expand external pharmacy business and vendor relationships
- Assume responsibilities of Equitas Health’s leadership team including participation in government relations, strategic planning, attendance at Equitas Health events, and serving as a media spokesperson as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD. degree or equivalent FPGEC (NABP)
- Unrestricted Ohio and/or license to practice pharmacy that is in good standing allowing for the dispensing of medications is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Minimum of six (6) years pharmacy management or administration experience with oversight for fiscal management.
- PGY1 residency or three (3) years of pharmacy experience with direct patient care required
- Thorough understanding of pharmacy operations, pharmacy fiscal management and program evaluation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive supervisory experience of greater than 10 employees.
- Prefer four (4) years of experience in a community pharmacy setting or specialty pharmacy setting
- Prefer past experience in developing and implementing pharmacy services
- Prefer extensive knowledge of specialty disease states and LGBTQ Health
- Knowledge of health and social service needs of persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Prefer past specialty pharmacy experience
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Possesses or willing to obtain education, accreditation and certification, as necessary, to provide the pharmaceutical care and services delivered by Equitas Health Pharmacy, including Medication Therapy Management, AAHIVP credentialing, and consultation in specific disease states.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
For quesitons, please contact Ashley McIntoch firstname.lastname@example.org Apply Here