Position title: Director of Clinical Development and Optimization (Medical Science Liaison -PharmD)
This is a remote position. We are seeking candidates in any city with access to a major airport in the Western United States (e.g. Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Houston. Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Omaha, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle etc.)
The position of Infectious Diseases Medical Science Liaison (ID-MSL) at Accelerate Diagnostics is an exciting opportunity for a PharmD with 3+ years’ clinical experience in Antimicrobial Stewardship. The primary role will be to provide scientific support to the Accelerate Diagnostics commercial team in direct customer presentations to physicians, microbiologists, infection preventionists, c-suite executives and other related healthcare professionals. In addition to individual customer interactions, the ID-MSL will give formal presentations in both society and institution settings. Teamwork with the Accelerate Commercial Development Directors, Regional Directors and the Chief Commercial Officer will be vital to optimizing productivity. The primary goals for the position are to increase the rate of clinical adoption of the Accelerate Pheno™ system by US hospitals, as well as ensuring that adoption achieves optimal benefit for patients, stewardship programs, clinicians and health care organizations. The ID-MSL will report to the Area Business Director - West Area.
A true passion for microbiology, infectious diseases, antimicrobial stewardship and particularly susceptibility testing will be key to both job effectiveness and personal satisfaction. The position is national in scope therefore provides the opportunity for extensive personal and professional growth, as well as involvement in multiple projects of high level importance. Extensive travel is required to fulfill many key job responsibilities therefore the ID-MSL must possess the ability to be well organized and productive working ‘on the road’. The primary attributes required for this position are: Excellent interpersonal skills, scientific knowledge, and speaking skills. High ethical and moral standards. Ability to problem solve, work within a team framework and achieve stretch goals with challenging deadlines. The ID-MSL position is an excellent opportunity to effect impactful change for patients, clinicians, hospitals and Accelerate Diagnostics.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
· Build Customer advocacy for fast phenotypic AST in community hospitals and large academic medical centers.
· Collaborate with commercial team to deliver high level scientific presentations to customers. Topics include (but are not limited to) phenotypic susceptibility testing, bacteremia, HAP/VAP and molecular identification of bacterial resistance mechanisms.
· Design, manage and run Customer Microbiology Forums in the Tucson Accelerate Office. Also assist CDDs and Tactical Marketing in Remote Regional Customer Microbiology Forums.
· Assist in clinical implementation projects via guidance on process improvements, treatment algorithm optimization and development of measurable KPIs in support of stewardship initiatives.
· Work with Tactical Marketing and become an integral part of the Accelerate Marketing team. This includes projects such as setting up and executing local and regional symposia at SWACM, SEACM, SCASM, etc. Also sales team product and disease state education such as HAP/VAP and sepsis.
· Build and maintain positive image of Accelerate as a scientifically sound company with high ethics and moral standards. Additionally, maintain the image of Accelerate as a fast moving dynamic and clinician/patient focused company.
· Maintain active and visible role in society organizations such as SIDP and MAD-ID via tangible project contributions.
· Perform regular literature research and analysis to help guide tactical marketing and support the tactical marketing plan. Assist on Scientific Affairs Projects as needed. Examples are publication projects, study design, data analysis and KOL management.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Post Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) residency in Infectious Diseases highly preferred
· Three or more year’s clinical Antimicrobial Stewardship experience
· Scientific expertise in infectious diseases, clinical microbiology and antimicrobial stewardship
· Possesses knowledge of hospital workflows and patient management protocols
· Experience implementing new/rapid diagnostics in support of stewardship efforts is a plus
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience in public speaking
· High level of team-working ability
· Ability to work productively “on the road”
· Ability to build strong relationships with key customers and internal Accelerate personnel
· Highly skilled in Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and data analysis
· Positive attitude
· Strong problem solving skills
Creativity, flexibility and ability to flourish in a rapidly changing environment.
To apply click here.
For questions, please contact Kylie Pritchard at email@example.com.